FILAMO Workshop Wrap-up
The FILAMO project (along with Ma-Re) successfully ran a workshop on 'Movement Ecology of Marine Organisms' from 10-13 September 2018 at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. There were 31 participants came from 12 different countries in attendance.
The workshop brought together experts in observing and tracking marine organisms, analyzing spatial data and in developing and using models to project likely responses of organisms to varying environments. Through a mixture of lectures and hands-on practical sessions, participants developed and applied an individual-based model among other requirements.
Lecturers at the workshop included:
- Øyvind Fiksen & Chris Lindemann (University of Bergen, Norway)
- Christophe Lett (Institut de Recherche pour le Développement, France)
- Coleen Moloney (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
- Theoni Photopoulou (University of St. Andrews, UK)
- Steve Railsback (Humboldt State University, USA)
- Josefin Titelman (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Rory Wilson (Swansea University, UK)