3 Post-doctoral Fellowships with CSAG
Details in the PDF.
The Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG) is expanding the post-doctoral team with three new appointments to work collaboratively within a new interdisciplinary program (see www.fractal.org.za) with a consortium of international partners, and be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
The three positions are loosely focused:
– Developing regional climate change information
– Changes in regional climate atmospheric processes
– Uptake of climate change information in decision making
Key foci include:
– Communication and translation of climate information informed by key vulnerabilities of societal systems, especially at the scales of cities and their co-dependent regions.
– Application, uptake and integration of climate information in decision frameworks in cities.
– Methodologies to distill scale relevant and robust information from multi-model multi-method climate projection data sets.
– Uncertainty, probability, likelihood and confidence in scale appropriate climate information.
– Assessment of the co-behaviour of multi-scale climate process response to anthropogenic forcing and natural variability.
Applicants should have received their PhDs within the last 5 years. The value of the fellowship for recent graduates will be R250 000 / year (tax free).
Full application details available at http://www.csag.uct.ac.za/