2012 Commonwealth Split-Site Doctoral Scholarships – Call for Applications
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
2012 COMMONWEALTH SPLIT-SITE DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is a Nominating Agency for South African citizens seeking to apply for 2012 Commonwealth Split-Site Doctoral Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships:
- · The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
- Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
- The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
- The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
An Electronic Application System will be used for applications and the NRF will process the nominations electronically. All applications, referee reports, certified copies of academic transcripts and other supporting documentation must be submitted online.
Please read through the Guide for Split-Site applications and Scholarship Prospectus before commencing with the application.
Guidelines and additional information can be found on the following links:
1. Scholarship Prospectus: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/
2. Selection Criteria: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/
3. List of participating United Kingdom institutions: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/
4. Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide for Split-Site Scholarship applicants: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/eas-guide-split-site-scholarships.pdf
Steps to submit an on line-application:
1. Go to the following link: http://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/ElectronicApplicationSystem.htm
2. Select the option to proceed to the Applicant’s Portal.
3. Register and proceed to complete the application form.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 21 November 2011.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered for nomination.
For queries and further information contact:
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191