Important Information


The relationship between supervisor and postgraduate student is an important one: if it is unsatisfactory it can significantly and negatively impact on the educational experience. If serious problems develop in this relationship, the student should normally:
Raise the matter with the supervisor and seek to resolve the matter personally.
If this does not resolve the matter, the problem should be referred to the Head of Department.
If the supervisor is the Head, it should be referred directly to the Deputy-Dean charged with Postgraduate Affairs.
If the supervisor is the Dean or a Deputy Dean, the matter should be referred to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor with the research portfolio.

In the event that the above preferred route is not easily followed, the Chair of the Postgraduate Student‟s Association should be approached for advice.