Department of Zoology
John Day Building
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch, 7701, RSA
Ph: # (0)21 650 3603
Bioturbation, benthic ecology, ecosystem engineers, anthropogenic effects on estuarine systems.
- Pillay D (In Press). Expanding the envelope: linking bioturbation with micro-evolutionary change. Marine Ecology Progress Series. DOI: 10.3354/meps08628.
- Perissinotto R, Pillay D, Bate G (2010). Microalgal biomass in the St. Lucia Estuary during the 2004-2007 drought period. Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol 405: 147-161.
- Carrasco NK, Perissinotto R, Pillay D (2010). Zooplankton of the St Lucia Estuary during the 2002 –#8211; 2008 drought cycle: a comparison between open- and closed-mouth conditions. Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol 399: 157-171.
- Pillay D, Branch GM, Steyn A (2010). Unexpected effects of starfish grazing on sandflat communities following an outbreak. Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol 398: pages 173 – 182.
- Pillay D, Branch GM, Steyn A (2009). Complex effects of the gastropod Assiminea globulus on benthic community structure in a marine-dominated lagoon. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, vol 380: pages 47 – 52.