Department of Oceanography
RW James Building
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch, 7701, RSA
Ph: # (0)21 650 3979
Indian, Atlantic and Southern Ocean dynamics, Southern Ocean eddy transports of heat and salt, Frontal dynamics and variability in the Antarctic Circumpolar Current and its effects on Subantarctic Islands, Agulhas Current, ARGO, Training of undergraduate and postgraduate students at sea
IPY – BONUS, IPY – GEOTRACES, IPY, IAPSO, IUGG – Bipolar Atlantic Thermohaline Circulation, IPY – Are Subantarctic Islands biodiversity hotspots? SANAP – Southern Ocean Climate and Variability Study (SOCAB); SANAP – Dynamics of the STC in the South Atlantic Ocean. GoodHope – monitoring the oceans between Africa and Antarctica, ARGO, NOAA – AX25.
- Swart, S., Speich, S., Ansorge, I.J. and Lutjeharms, J.R.E (2010). An altimetry-based Gravest Empirical Mode south of Africa: development and validation. Journal of Geophysical ResearchVOL. 115, C03002, doi:10.1029/2009JC005299.
- McIntyre t, P.J.N. de Bruyn, I.J. Ansorge, M.N. Bester, H. Bornemann, J. Plotz, and C.A. Tosh (2010). A lifetime at depth: vertical distribution of southern elephant seals in the water column. Polar Biology, DOI 10.1007/s00300-010-0782-3.
- Ansorge, I.J., J.V. Durgadoo and E.A. Pakhomov (2009). Dynamics of physical and biological systems of the Prince Edward Islands in a changing climate, Papers and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania, Volume 143(1), 15-18
- Ansorge I.J., E A. Pakhomov, S. Kaehler, J.R.E. Lutjeharms and J.V. Durgadoo (2009).Physical and biological coupling in eddies in the lee of the South-West Indian Ridge Polar Biology DOI 10.1007/s00300-009-0752-9
- Durgadoo J.V., Ansorge I.J., and Lutjeharms J.R.E (2010). Investigating eddies that impact on South Africa’s Prince Edward Islands. Antarctic Science, doi:10.1017/S0954102010000088, 1-9.
Ceinwin Smith (2009)
Nicole du Plessis